Newspapers and Journals
- AJR NewsLink is sponsored by the American Journalism Review and links to U.S. and world newspapers as well as alternative and campus ones
- Barrons articles, etc.
- CNN financial network's site
- CNN Interactive for breaking world and national news
- The Electronic Newsstand links to 2,000 magazines
- Financial Times -- A great source of international news, the Financial Times' Internet site offers a more global perspective on the economy, business and personal finance.
- Investor's Edge a free service coupling performance data with related news and information
- Kiplinger.com has all the resources of a vast media company, and it shows in this site
- Money Magazine, of course, has a complete site on personal finance
- Quotes and information from Money Magazine
- Mutual Funds Online an online version of the magazine
- PC Magazine -- all sorts of useful internet and computer info
- Pointcast is an online way to get updated on news
- Press releases for company searches
- Standard and Poor's Quote.com , including Marketscope, Reuters news service, Trendvest stock rating service, ZacksResearch, S&P Stock Guide, etc. some come with a charge.
- Wall Street Journal
- Wall Street Directory with resources grouped in categories Educational Tools, Quotes, Market Reports, Personal Finance, etc.
- WSJ's money and investing update
Company & Stock Information
- Bloomberg Online -- Bloomberg offers news and analysis on domestic and world markets. Users can also find bond yields, stock quotes and futures contracts online.
- Hoovers all sorts of company and stock info
- Hotlinks to historical financial data, charts, SEC filings, press releases and news on 7,000 stocks
- Insider trading info
- IPO Central
- NASDAQ offers excellent quote, chart and news capabilities on OTC stocks.
- NYSE reports
- OTC Financial Network is provides information about microcap stocks, including news, quotes, etc.
- PCQuote Service -- Free quotes on publicly traded securities, as well as other financial services for a nominal monthly fee.
- Quote.com has all sorts of reports and services available for $19.95 per month. A better starting point may be quote
- Silicon Investor. Delayed stock quotes on tech stocks, plus online news sources
- Stock prices from all sorts of markets. Historical data.
- StockSmart has tools unavailable elsewhere and an excellent portfolio tracking service.
- Tech chat room for the knowledgeable
- WSRN is one of the best
- Yahoo's Stock Quotes is a top-rated site that's easy to use and include earnings estimates and comparative data.
- Zack's Research is one of the best known sources of current and historical investment information
- The IRS
- Tax Forms drawn directly from the IRS's "The Digital Daily" and also makes available IRS publications
- 1040.com gives tax information, federal and state tax forms and online filing.
- Taxwright Tools, Utilities and Links from the U.S. Estate and Tax Planning Council, Inc.
- Yahoo has tax forms and tax information
Mutual Fund Information
- Brill's Mutual Funds Home Page focuses on mutual funds with profiles of several money managers and special feature articles written by Marla Brill on what's happening in the mutual fund industry. Also provides links.
- Mutual Funds magazine offers lots of insights and updated information on funds
- Money Market Fund Rates updated by IBC/Donoghue and good list of links to other sites.
- Mutual Funds Magazine Online. A variety of helpful information and historical records.
- Morningstar gives you much of their research information online.
- Vanguard's information on all kinds of topics related to mutual funds
- Social Investment Forum offers updated information on Socially Responsible mutual funds.
College Funding and Information
- US Dept. of Education
- Sallie Mae is the nation's leading source of college financing. Site offers full range of related information.
- College Board
- Apply! offers a downloadable version of the award-winning software with applications to over 500 popular colleges, including both Ivy League and smaller private schools.
- American Online Keyword: Kaplan free admissions guides for major colleges and grad schools.
- The College Board's Financial Aid Info AOL Keyword: College; select financial aid information from list box. Here you can learn the differences among loans, grants and work-study money, courtesy of the people who brought you the SAT.
- RSP Funding Focus AOL Keyword: RSP. Includes a searchable database of scholarships, grants and other sources of money. Suitable for both college students and professionals.
Mortgage and Credit Information: